Saving your teeth is our top priority at High Country Family Dentistry in Flagstaff, AZ. If you have a cracked or impaired tooth, a dental crown might be the perfect solution to save your natural tooth while restoring its full function. Besides, a dental crown can shield the tooth from further harm. A same-day crown is a solution for patients who want their tooth restored immediately, and the CEREC technology ensures your new prosthetic is comfortable and ready to use.
What Is a CEREC Same-Day Crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped dental appliance and fits over a tooth that has been compromised. It protects and works like a natural tooth, so you can talk and eat without worry. Crowns also safeguard the tooth, so you don’t lose it or the root, thus preserving your jawbone from deterioration due to a missing tooth.
A CEREC same-day crown is a dental device created and fit onto your existing tooth on the same day. It could take at least two appointments and a few weeks to complete and place a crown in the past. But thanks to modern dental technology like CAD (computer-aided design) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), we can feed your data into a computer, and your new appliance will be fabricated on the same day, from a single ceramic block.
Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
- Get your crown in one convenient appointment.
- They are made from porcelain, the most robust material used for dental prostheses.
- They reinforce the strength and appearance of your natural tooth structure.
- They may be used to fix a variety of problems
- They remove the need for a temporary crown
- They are durable, often lasting twenty years and more
CEREC Same-Day Process
When you get CEREC same-day crowns, understanding what to expect can ease anxiety and help many people feel calmer about upcoming appointments. You can expect the following steps when getting your same-day dental crown restoration.
- Dr. Ryan Tuinstra will conduct a complete oral health evaluation and examination
- We will capture X-rays and scans of your teeth and mouth
- The data from these images will be entered into our CEREC imaging software to design an exact and accurate representation of your tooth
- This data will be used to create a correctly fitting restoration that will cover your tooth
- If necessary, you may be given anesthesia
- While your crown is being manufactured, we will prepare your tooth to receive the restoration by cleaning it meticulously.
- When complete, we attach the crown that will function and feel like your natural tooth.
Filling Versus Crown
To learn more about our same-day CEREC crowns, visit our office, High Country Family Dentistry, at 504 N Humphreys St, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. You can also reach us at (928) 779-3666.