Same-Day Dental Crowns to Restore Your Smile in Flagstaff
At High Country Family Dentistry, we know how much your beautiful smile means to you. We strive to maintain your smile's aesthetics and your oral health through all of life's turbulence! Should a tooth become chipped, cracked, or otherwise damaged, we offer same-day dental crowns to restore its appearance and functionality.
Dr. Ryan Tuinstra is an Arizona native who is passionate about serving the Flagstaff community. Our experienced team offers you a streamlined dental experience that takes full advantage of all the industry's latest technological advances. Give us a call at our Flagstaff office today to discuss whether same-day crowns can help protect your smile!
CALL US: (928) 779-3666 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Traditional vs. Same-Day Dental Crowns: Which Should I Choose?
A same-day crown can be a fast and effective option for most people needing a crown. Understanding the differences and talking to our dentist can help you decide which is right for you.
A dental crown (or cap) is a cover that fits over a tooth that is damaged or has decayed over time. The crown prevents future decay or protects a tooth after you have root canal therapy.
A traditional crown uses at least two appointments to prepare your tooth and take an impression for the lab. The second appointment is used to cement the final crown in place. In between visits, you’ll have a temporary crown made of composite. While this temporary crown is in place, special care is needed to prevent it from coming loose.
Using CEREC® technology, we provide you with a fitted crown in a single appointment. We use digital imaging to make a 3D model of the affected tooth, and then the CEREC milling machine carves a crown out of a porcelain block. The crown will be precisely fitted to your tooth and will likely need very little adjusting, if any. The crown's high-quality materials make it durable and sturdy so it will last you many years if it is properly maintained.
Why Would I Need a Crown?
There are many reasons you may consider receiving a same-day dental crown. Some people need a crown to restore a damaged tooth, while others are looking to enhance their smile's aesthetics.
Some of the most common reasons to receive a crown include:
- Capping a damaged or decayed tooth
- Improving a discolored tooth
- Securing a dental bridge in place
- Restoring a tooth after successful root canal therapy
- Completing a dental implant
- Reinforcing a cracked or chipped tooth
- Treating a sudden dental emergency
If a dental emergency occurs, we do our best to schedule you for a same-day appointment to address your needs. We can place new dental crowns and perform repairs on existing crowns. We also offer same-day veneers as a cosmetic service and dental bridges to replace multiple missing teeth.
5 Advantages of CEREC Porcelain Crowns
CEREC crowns are crafted from the highest-quality dental materials using modern technology and techniques. When you choose to get a CEREC crown, you receive the following benefits:
- Convenience: When you choose to receive a CEREC crown, you will only need to schedule one appointment. The full process of creating and placing your dental crown will be done in a day, so you won't need to schedule another visit soon!
- Appearance: CEREC crowns blend in well with your natural teeth. They can improve your smile's appearance without seeming too visible or out of place in your mouth.
- Longevity: The porcelain material that your crown is made of is incredibly strong. If you clean your crown regularly and maintain it well, it could last for a decade or more.
- Precision: Modern technological advances in digital imaging and milling allow CEREC crowns to fit precisely into your mouth. This process means fewer adjustments and a better functioning bite.
- Health Benefits: Installing a CEREC crown can help reduce tooth sensitivity in addition to protecting the tooth from future damage.
Using Same-day Crowns to Protect Your Smile
When it comes to rejuvenating your smile, Dr. Tuinstra and his friendly team are here to help! Dental crowns may be just what you need to keep your teeth healthy and whole. Contact High Country Family Dentistry in Flagstaff today so we can help you feel confident and satisfied with your one-of-a-kind smile!
CALL US: (928) 779-3666 REQUEST APPOINTMENT